In which we get into women in music, touring, how to balance dreams and reality, having fun even as you get older, fashion shows, learning to love the almost moments, and so much more with Jessica Dye (@hellolightfoot) from the band High Waisted. Look below for everything from this weeks episode, and make sure to subscribe/rate/share this episode. Check out all the episodes of Adulthood Is… down below on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play.
Where We’re Going…
- 1:09 Vocal Recording Drinks
- 5:44 Genesis of music
- 8:06 Living in the City
- 10:17 Culture of NYC
- 11:27 How do you survive as an artist financially in NYC?
- 15:52 Outrageous Tour Stories
- 19:43 How did you shape your musical and vocal style and sensibilities
- 25:16 Where have you experienced the most growth?
- 27:42 Setting Intentions
- 32:53 Stereotypes in music and how to be a good role model
- 36:54 What drives you outside of music
- 38:28 Quote from Billboard Magazine on Growing Up and Running out of Time
- 39:54 Where do you see yourself in the future?
- 42:24 Is there ever a deadline for your dreams?
- 46:30 Tying personal life into the music through lyrics
- 52:05 “Fashion Show”
“New York has made me appreciate being in a city that doesn’t want you there.”
“I think my adulthood has been a collection of almost’s.”
“Every almost is just another step close to it.”
“I want to be the best part of someone’s day or I want to be something someone puts on to pull them out of that sadness.”
Jessica Dye: Instagram
Email | email@example.com
Feel free to send them my way through Twitter, Comment on the blog, or by Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps keep this whole thing growing.